Friday, March 2, 2012

Where Did This Week Go?

It's Friday already, let's make drinks!

This is my first Pinterest inspired blog post. I told myself I'd actually do at least some of the things that I pin, so here we go:).

I pinned this recipe for Lime Sorbet Margaritas and then altered it a little due to Wegmans not having plain lime sorbet, what's up with that? I ended up with Mojito Sorbet- lime with a hint of mint. I decided to still go along with the maragrita style drink, but add a couple different twists as well.

Here's what I made:).

Lime Sorbet Margarita

You will need:

  • 1 1/2 oz tequila
  • 1 scoop Mojito sorbet
  • lime wedge
Frozen Pink Grapefruit Cosmo

You will need:

  • 1 1/2 oz Belvedere Pink Grapefruit Vodka
  • 1/4 oz triple sec
  • 1 scoop Mojito sorbet
  • lime wedge
Frozen Look Out Below

You will need:

  • 1 1/2 oz Bacardi Rum 151
  • 1/4 oz grenadine
  • 1 scoop Mojito sorbet 
  • lime wedge
Cut a wedge of lime and rub around the edge of your glasses. Place sugar in a small bowl and turn glasses over into sugar to coat rim. Place a scoop of sorbet in each glass. Add liqueur according to the drink you're making. Finish each drink off with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Serve with a spoon.


The color of the Look Out Below was really cool.


After taste testing each drink, and then going back again (just to be sure!), here are the drinks- most liked to least:
  • Frozen Pink Grapefruit Cosmo
  • Frozen Look Out Below
  • Lime Sorbet Margarita
It's sort of ironic how the original recipe was my least favorite. I feel like it may have been the hint of mint in the sorbet. It worked well with the flavors in the other two drinks, but not that one so much.

I think this is a really fun idea for a party, especially outside in the summertime. They're easy, refreshing, versatile and not too big or strong that you're one and done.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment